Following the incident on Friday the 28th of April 2023, The Board convened to review our regulations to increase referee safety, wellbeing and increase participation & spectator satisfaction.
The Board has made the changes detailed below which will be implemented commencing Friday 5th May 2023 at 5pm.
The measures are strong, and the Board will continue to review other changes and communicate them when finalised.
Protecting Referees on Game Day
Before the game, at half time and at full-time, some Registered Team Officials (“RTOs” that is, Coaches and Managers) consider it their right to question or worse, argue or abuse referees about their decisions during a game.
Although many Coaches and Managers are respectful, and the request is genuine, this interaction allows for potential abuse / arguing. We have had reports from as recently as last weekend of such unacceptable interactions.
- Approaching a Match Official
- No RTO or Spectator is to approach a Centre Referee, Assistant Referee, Referees Coach or Referee Assessor to question any decisions made by the Referees, be it before, during or after the game.
- Should an RTO breach the above, they will be issued a red card, and will result in the game being abandoned. The game will be awarded to the non-offending team as a forfeit 3-0 victory or at the score of the game at the time if the non-offending team is up by more than a margin of 3 goals. Further to the loss via forfeit, the offending team will have a further 3 points deducted from their competition points for the season.
- Should an RTO have a question stemming from a game, they are to follow the correct procedure of putting their feedback or questions in writing to the BDAFA office via their Club Secretary.
- Players, including captains, are also not permitted to question a referee, this is to be administered as per the Laws of the game.
- Dissent or Use of Offensive and/or Insulting and/or Abusive Language “OIAL” by RTO
Currently, Dissent by an RTO is handled by them being issued with a yellow card and the game continues.
From Friday 5th May 5pm, should an RTO be issued with two yellow cards for yellow card offences including dissent, they will be issued with a Red and the game will be abandoned.
From the same date, if an RTO uses Offensive and/or Insulting and/or Abusive Language against a referee, assistant referee, 4th official, or referee mentor or referee assessor, they will be issued with a Red Card and the game will be abandoned.
The game will be awarded to the non-offending team as a forfeit 3-0 victory or at the score of the game at the time if the non-offending team is up by more than a margin of 3 goals. Further to the loss via forfeit, the offending team will have a further 3 points deducted from their competition points for the season.
|1st Cautionable Offence, including dissent.||Yellow Card||Yellow Card, game continues|
|2nd Cautionable Offence, including dissent.||2nd Yellow Card||Game abandoned, Loss of points for the game being played & a further -3 points deducted from table for the offending team and RTO suspended.|
|Use of Offensive and/or Insulting and/or Abusive Language (*including gestures).||Red Card||Game abandoned, Loss of points for the game being played & a further -3 points deducted from table for the offending team and RTO suspended.|
BDAFA will be trialing body cameras on MPL games from the 5th of May 2023 onwards. The Body Cameras will be worn by the Referees.
Once the trial is running and we have evaluated its effectiveness, we will look to roll out Body Cameras in other competitions.
The cameras will remain the property of the Association and the data on them.
Guard of Honour
In an effort to display Bankstown Footballs unity and respect for Match Officials, The Board issue the following Directive for games being held on the 5th, 6th & 7th of May 2023.
All games that have a Match Official present on the 5th, 6th & 7th of May 2023, teams are asked to form a Guard of Honour at the commencement and conclusion of each game. Each club should line up at halfway on the sideline to allow the referees to enter the pitch between both teams lined up.
We want to actively demonstrate to the BDR, that our participants care and support them, and anti-social behaviour is not welcome in our game or Bankstown.
The BDAFA Board.
2023 Term 2 BUFC Pre-Sap and Junior Development Programs
Location: Playford Park, Cahors Rd, Padstow NSW 2211
Dates: 10-Week program (Every Wednesday)
- Start Date: Wednesday 26th of April 2023
- Finish Date: Wednesday 28th of June 2023
- BUFC Pre-Sap Program (Under 5’s – Under 8’s Mixed): 5:30 – 7pm
- BUFC Junior Development Program (Under 9’s – Under 12’s Mixed): 5:30-7pm
- BUFC Pre-Sap Program – New Participant: $279 + FNSW Fees (Includes BUFC Training Jersey, Shorts, Socks, and String bag)
- BUFC Junior Development Program – New Participant: $279 + FNSW Fees (Includes BUFC Training Jersey, Shorts, Socks, and String bag)
- BUFC Pre-Sap Program – Returning Participant: $219 + FNSW Fees
- BUFC Junior Development Program – Returning Participant: $219 + FNSW Fees
- BUFC FFA Accredited Coaches
- BUFC Pre-Sap Program and Junior Development Program: 4 coaching staff
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The football fun doesn’t stop with the holidays around the corner, we are excited to announce Bankstown United FC in collaboration with BDAFA, will be running a School Holiday Program this April School Holidays for Girls and Boys aged 5-12 years old.
$120 per participant per program (Active kids vouchers are accepted)
- Dates: 18th to the 20th of April, Tuesday – Thursday, 2023
- Time: 9am -12pm each day
- Location: Padstow Park Synthetic, Padstow
To register for this program click on the below link and select HOLIDAY PROGRAM
Register to be a Referee!
The Cost to register with BDR Referees in 2023 will be $0 – FREE !
If you are a new Referee in the Bankstown District you will be provided with a Referee kit free of Charge.
To register as a referee: https://registration.dribl.com/club/1585
2023 Referees Incentives:
For the 2023 Season, BDAFA have developed an incentives program to encourage people to take up refereeing.
All Referees in 2023
- If you attend 5 Referee training sessions: You will receive a bonus of $100 at the end of the Season
- There will be a target system in place for the number of games you referee throughout the year! Once the season is finished, if you reach one of the below game targets you will receive one of the following bonuses.
|Games Refereed||Amount of Money|
End of the year Raffle:
- There will be a raffle at the end of the year for a referee’s chance to win $1000!!!
- To enter the raffle, you must referee a minimum of 40 games to receive a ticket.
- A referee will receive an extra ticket for each target they reach e.g., 50+ and 60+ games refereed.
Summer Football Wet Weather Update
Unfortunately, due to the large amount of rain Bankstown experienced, Kinch remains closed.
We have been able to secure Jensen Park Synthetic on Monday and Wednesdays evenings for the next two weeks to facilitate our competitions.
The office has been working through competition changes. Please find below a brief update on each Competition Night.
Tuesday Night – Grade 6/7 & 8/9 Boys and Girls: There are 2 spare weeks in this draw. Should Kinch be closed we will extend this competition into its spare weeks based at Kinch Reserve.
Wednesday Night – Grade 10/11 Mixed, Grade 12, 13, 14: Round 1 will be played Wednesday night 19/10/2022 at Jensen Park, Games are already published on Dribl. This competition will also play on Wednesday 26/10/2022, Dribl will be updated shortly for this date.
All other washed out games for this competition will be rescheduled as double headers and updated on Dribl.
Thursday Night – Grade 10/11 Girls, Grade 15/16 & All Age Men: This competition has been moved to a Monday for the next Two weeks. We are seeking feedback from team leaders, as we are aware this was not the original scheduled day. Once teams have responded to the office, the Dribl draw will be updated.
Team Leaders have been emailed with all changes.
BDAFA will work hard to ensure games are rescheduled and competitions are completed.
We would like to thank all our members for their patience and understanding.
Yours in Sport
As we continue to look at improving our services to our clubs and their members, last week we welcomed a new staff member, Tyron Geany into the office.
Tyron joins us to provide additional support across multiple parts of BDAFA, Tyron has a qualified AFC C-License coach and has been involved in Football as a player and coach in Bankstown his entire football career.
Tyron is currently working on developing session plans for clubs to use across all age groups and we hope to have them uploaded to a share drive shortly alongside a plan to help deliver these session plans to coaches across all clubs.
Ty will also being assisting across many of operational and competitions activities and will also be shortly helping to launch Summer football for this season.
The last 2 weeks of wet weather has further impacted out competitions
Where it currently Stands
- There are no wash out rounds remaining.
- We will progress forward with the following subject to further rain. If we have any further wash outs we will need to re-evaluate and possibly wash out any further rain effected rounds.
Grade 12-21 Saturday Competition – Any further washouts will be rescheduled to a double header (Sunday games)
Ladies Football – Sunday Competition – Any further wash outs will be reschedule to night games.
All Age Men & O35’s – Any further washouts will be rescheduled to a midweek night game OR a double header (Sunday games).
Men’s Premier League – Any further washouts will be rescheduled to a double header (Sunday games).
Over 45’s – We are reviewing this competition.
Division 1 Ladies| BDAFA & CDSFA Joint Competition
Last month a survey was completed by the participants of both BDAFA and CDSFA ladies 1/2 competitions. There was a great response to this email which was overwhelming in favour of a joint Division 1 competition between BDAFA and CDSFA.
BDAFA will now meet with CDSFA to work through the logistics of a joint competition for the 2023 season. Once this has been determined we will look to meet with the participants of the BDAFA Division 1 ladies teams and seek feedback before the competition is finalised.
We wish to thank all those who took the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your feedback and are excited for the future of ladies football.
Grade 6/7 Grade 7 Mixed
This competition has Two (2) games scheduled for each team at the same park this Saturday. This was to make up for a washout round.
HOT OF THE PRESS
WE HAVE OPENED A WEEK 2 PROGRAM !!
The football fun doesn’t stop with the holidays around the corner, we are excited to announce Bankstown United FC in collaboration with BDAFA, will be running a School Holiday Program this July School Holidays for Girls and Boys aged 5-12 years old.
$150 per participant per program
To register for this program click on the below link and select HOLIDAY PROGRAM
- Date: Thursday & Friday 14/07/2021 – 15/07/2021
- Time: 9 am -1pm
- Location: Jensen Park, Regents Park
It goes without saying that we have experience an unprecedented weather event for the 2022 season, this is off the back of two COVID interrupted seasons.
BDAFA, our Club Volunteers have been working hard week in week out to get our games played. To give some context this weekend we have only 12 full fields available and 5 fields that we can use for Small Sided Football to work with.
BDAFA had fortunately scheduled numerous wet weather allowances in the draw, despite the numerous washouts we have been able to reschedule with 95% of our washouts already, with the remainder to also be scheduled in the near future. This means at this point in time we have not effectively lost any games from this season.
We have now reached the point were we have utilised most of our washout rounds allocated for most competitions some still have one (1) washout round remaining.
Moving forward BDAFA will look to schedule the draw and run competitions as follows:
Small Sided Football
- BDAFA are looking to schedule double games later in the season when more fields come online. Much like we ran Summer football, each team will play two games on game day. Should the wet weather continue, we will look to schedule another mini Gala Day for each grade on a Sunday to give them extra games
- Grade 10/11 will move to playing across the field to allow for more games in this competition to be played.
- Fields that are not playable as a full field, maybe utilised for SSG if possible. So venues may just play Small Sided Games only.
- Moving forward in the short term any washed out games will be re-scheduled to mid-week OR on a Sunday. Should the weather continue we will revisit the structure.
- We will look for to shift game time in the All Age Men’s space to 12,2,& 4pm. This give an additional time slot across our fields.
We will continue to keep everyone updated as we progress through the season, we thank you for your patience
Referee Registration Open Now !
There has never been a better time to Referee in Bankstown!
BDAFA will now be running the Referees arm in Bankstown, and we need your help to build and grow the Referees. You will be supported by the Referees Operational Group who will deliver coaching and mentoring to all our Referees.
The Cost to register with BDAFA Referees will be $0 – FREE !
If you are an new Referee in the Bankstown District you will be provided with a Referee kit.
Get on Board and register now
Once you have registered to become a referee, and this is your first time refereeing, you will be required to register for your training at http://education-ffa.sportingpulse.com/Entry
The course will be held on Sunday 26th June 2022. From 9am to 3pm at Middleton Reserve
BDAFA have reviewed the impending weather and have decided to delay the start of the 2022 Winter Season for all Competitions excluding Men’s Premier League.
Due to this delay, we have extend the season and the Grand Finals will now be held on the 17th & 18th September 2022.
Men’s Premier League will continue their rounds as per the Draw with the exception of the Season extension.
All other Competitions will now commence on the 23rd and 24th April 2022 and finish on the 17th & 18th September 2022.
The updated Draw has been published. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting on the parks.
We are still accepting new teams, please email Glen at email@example.com with any new team entries promptly.
There is still time to register and play Football in Bankstown !
The following clubs are looking for players to fill teams.
Don’t miss out, Register Now
|CLUB||GRADE/POSITIONS AVALIBLE||CONTACT DETIALS|
|Georges River Thistle FC||* 15 Div 1 - Goalkeeper|
* 15 Div 2 - 5-6 Players
|Shadi - 0457 149 327|
|Milperra Lions||* Under 11's Players|
* Under 14's Players
|Graham - 0409 994 870|
|Panania Diggers||* Under 16/17's Ladiesfirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Bass Hill Rangers||* All Age Men||Chris - 0421 524 669|
|Birrong Sports||* U12's and U13's||Tyrone - 0419 010 793 |
Looking for a club? – go to https://bdafa.com.au/clubs/
Registrations for the 2023 Winter season open soon.
It’s that time of the year to dust off your boots and return to the field.
So grab your friends and register for your local club today!
Find a club in Bankstown – https://bdafa.com.au/clubs/
Join Our Team
BDAFA are excited to announce the Men’s Premier League Competition Structure for the 2022 season.
BDAFA received a total of 12 submissions for the Men’s Premier League Competition (MPL), which were reviewed by the BDAFA Board and have they endorsed the following MPL Competition Structure.
Teams in MPL Competition will now, for the first time in its 40 year history, be playing for a prize pool of $6,000.
The composition of the competition for 2022 is as follows:
|BDAFA Men’s Premier League 2022|
|Bankstown Sports Strikers FC|
|Birrong Sports FC|
|Central Sydney Wolves FC|
|Georges River Thistle FC|
|Greenacre Eagles FC|
|Bass Hill Rangers FC|
|Padstow Hornets FC|
|Padstow United SC|
|Revesby Workers FC|
|St Christophers FC|
|Yagoona Lions FC|
Round 1 of the Competition will kick-off on Saturday 19th March 2022.
If you are interested in playing in the oldest Premier League Competition in Australia, Please reach out to the clubs listed in our club page or link below for trial information.
Congratulations and Good luck to all participating clubs.
BDAFA are excited to announce registrations for Ladies Summer Football are open for the 2021 Season!
This competition will be run on Thursday evenings at Kinch Reserve, Third Ave, Condell Park NSW 2200.
- Under 12-14 Girls
- Under 15-17 Girls
Thursday 2nd December 2021 to 20th February 2022
(Christmas break between 17/12/2021 to 20/01/2022)
7 v 7 Format
Junior Competitive 12 -17: $100.00
Senior Players 18+: $100.00
Active Kids Vouchers are welcome for registrations!
All above fees are inclusive of referee fees, BDAFA fees & FNSW fees.
To nominate your team and secure your spot please have the team manager complete the attached form.